The gospel at Work
How does my work relate to God's global plan to redeem people from every people group on the planet?
Can God really use my profession, my skills, and my experience?
Join us as we answer these important questions.
Together with Dr. Michael Oh of the Lausanne Movement, we will consider reaching both our local community and the global community by making a kingdom impact in every sphere of society. We will hear stories of the gospel at work through our missionaries serving around the world and we will celebrate Jesus Christ and his global work of redemption.
Discover your role in God’s plan. Discover THE GOSPEL AT WORK.
Dr. Michael Oh has served as Global Executive Director/CEO of the Lausanne Movement since 2013. Michael received his BA, MS, and PhD degrees at the University of Pennsylvania. He also completed an MDiv at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, as well as an MA in Regional Studies, East Asia, at Harvard University.
Before taking on his leadership role in the Lausanne Movement, Michael, his wife Pearl and their five children served as missionaries in Nagoya, Japan from 2004 to 2016. During this time, Michael founded the ministry of Christ Bible Institute (CBI).
Questions: email email@example.com
Saturday, April 21
Mingle with Missionaries, 9–9:30 a.m., Commons Café
- Enjoy breakfast snacks from Panera with visiting missionaries.
Men's Gathering, 9:30–11 a.m., Commons Hall West
- How does my work and trade relate to God's global mission? How can I use business to transform a community? How can I be a gospel witness here locally and globally? Join us for this special Men’s Gathering as we seek to answer these important questions. We will hear from global workers about the Gospel at Work in Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe. Pick up a free missions book at the end.
Women's Sharing from the Heart, 9:30–11 a.m., Commons Hall East
- How can I use my God-given gifts and training for missions? Learn from our missionaries who are serving as ambassadors for Christ. Hear how God has used these women to transform lives through the power of the gospel. This event is open to all women and is hosted by the Missions Prayer Fellowship.
- RSVPs needed only for free childcare. Email Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lunch with Michael Oh, 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m., Commons Hall West
- Festival speaker Dr. Michael Oh, from the Lausanne Movement, will challenge us to consider a new perspective and involvement in God’s global mission through our work both locally and globally.
- RSVPs needed for food and childcare. Email Tony at email@example.com.
Host a Missionary, Anytime late afternoon or evening
- Show hospitality to our visiting missionaries by inviting them into your home for a meal with your small group. If your small group is interested in hosting a missionary, contact Marilyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, April 22
Sunday Morning Services, 8:00, 9:30, 11 a.m., Sanctuary
- Dr. Michael Oh, global executive director and CEO of the Lausanne Movement, will be our guest preacher in all three worship services. Visiting missionaries will be featured in the services, Adult Communities, Kid’s Harbor and other venues.
Stories from a Refugee Camp, 11 a.m., Commons Hall East
- What is really happening in the Middle East with the refugee crisis? How is the Lord working amidst all the stories we hear in the news? Come hear from one of our global workers who has worked with refugees in the Middle East for several years. Learn about ways you can get involved.
Evening Service, 6 p.m., Sanctuary
- Join us for a time of worship and celebration as we hear about The Gospel at Work. We will also commission a new global worker for career service in the Middle East.
Global Café, 7–8:30 p.m., Commons Hall
- Join us for this bi-annual family-friendly missions event. Meet visiting missionaries, enjoy international desserts and take a picture at the missions photo booth. This event is a great way to learn more about local and global missions opportunities.