College Church small groups are the primary way we apply our core values of fellowship, learning and outreach at College Church. We long to become an increasingly loving community as we grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and reach out in love to our surrounding community.
Small groups are not an optional aspect of our life together as a church, but rather a vital aspect of how we get to know each other, serve each other and mutually support one another in our journey of faith. Small groups are committed to studying the Bible, sharing, accountability, prayer, service, personal evangelism and neighborhood outreach. Small groups embody three of our four Core Values and touches on many of our Growth Commitments as a church (e.g. smaller gathering, outreach, prayer and service).
Small Groups Snapshot:
- 6-12 people who gather in one another’s homes
- Meet together at least twice a month
- Led by leaders who receive ongoing training
- Commitment to Bible study, sharing, prayer and outreach
- A place for accountability and application of God’s Word
- Mutual encouragement towards personal evangelism and outreach
- Commitment to developing new leaders (apprentices) and open to adding new people and eventual multiplication
How Do I Get Involved?
Visit the Small Groups Finder webpage to see available small groups.
Questions? Contact Tanya Thomas or at (630) 668-0878 ext. 171.
Serve As a Leader
Who can be a small group leader? Those who have a passion for God and compassion for people are qualified for leadership. That is the basic requirement. We would love for you to attend a small group leader orientation (see side bar for dates) which will then be followed up with the appropriate training, inspiration and resources. We would love to help equip you to be a servant leader of a small group!